Friday, March 11, 2011

Thumbs-Down: Murad Oil-Control Mattifier

OK, first of all - this product claims to hydrate AND control oil.  It's been my experience that this is a hard thing to do and I can't imagine how it could work.  However, I got a free sample so I gave it a try.

The most immediate "dislike" for this product is its fragrance.  It smells like Elmer's School Glue mixed with witch hazel.  And it feels about the same.  While it doesn't feel bad on your skin, (once it's set) it just doesn't mattify the way I'd like it to.  I also didn't notice much in the way of "oil control".

On the upside, it does have SPF15.  So, if you have a free sample lying around, you can always wear it for its sun protection factor.

Alternate products to use for oil control: 
Urban Decay "De-Slick in a Tube" ($28 for .67 oz)*
Laura Geller "Welcome Matte Skin Enhancer" ($23.50 for .5 oz)*
Peter Thomas Roth "Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel" ($35 for 1 oz)*

Urban Decay's offers the most matte finish, Peter Thomas Roth's has the best through-the-day oil control, and Laura Geller's is somewhere in the middle.

* prices listed are from http://www.beauty.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment