Thursday, February 17, 2011

Product Spotlight: Jack Black Lip Balm

I can't stand being without lip balm.  If my lips are even sort of dry, I start freaking out.  One day while shopping at the mall, I was without my must-have item, so I wandered into Sephora looking for something to do the job.  The cheapest lip balm product I could find was $7, and I was desperate, so I bought it.  Little did I know that Carmex and all the other stuff I've ever used would be shunned in favor of Jack Black "Intense Therapy" Natural Mint Lip Balm.

I recently ordered a double-set of Jack Black's Lip Balm.  (Because 2 for $10 is way better than 1 for $7!) One was the usual Natural Mint I always use, and the other was Vanilla Lavender.  Now, I like lavender as long as it's in a pillow mist or hand lotion, but I found I really don't like the way it tastes.  The vanilla was hardly noticeable over the strong floral scent/taste.  (This probably explains why I haven't seen the vanilla/lavender variety sold in stores) The lip balm also comes in Lemon/Chamomille, but I'm not much a fan of chamomille, so I haven't tried it.

At any rate - despite sharing a name with an actor I find particularly annoying - this lip balm is fabulous.  It moisturizes very well and lasts longer than most other products I've tried.  Yeah, I wish it didn't cost $7, but at least it works.

Available at:  Sephora, sephora.com, Ulta (in-store only)

No comments:

Post a Comment