Friday, February 11, 2011

Thumbs-Down: PurMinerals "Mineral Melt" Makeup Emulsifier Wipes

From the moment I removed the (free sample) wipe from its packet, I knew this product was not for me.  As oil dripped down my hands, I found myself wondering "Who needs this much oil to "emulsify" their makeup?!?!"  Seriously, most of the ingredients are oils - sunflower, safflower, sesame, macadamia, wheat germ, avacodo, lemon, jasmine, cedarwood.  There are a couple other ingredients I can't pronounce, but it's mostly just oil.  The instructions tell you to massge onto face, leave for 10-15 seconds and "pat dry"  What they mean is "absorb the massive amount of oil off your face".

If you've ever used baby oil to remove stage makeup, you know how great it works.   I guess if you're doing Sea World shows with beluga whales and you wear a collection of waterproof products, these wipes could be useful.  (The package says they're safe for sensitive eyes and contact lenses) If not, stick with normal face wipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment