Friday, July 22, 2011

Product Spotlight: Garnier Fructis "Pure Clean" Fortifying Shampoo

I got a free sample of this shampoo.  I've been wanting to try the "Pure Clean" line of products, but was waiting until I ran out of my stockpile of other shampoos first.  Here's my take:

Smells Nice
Like all Garnier Fructis shampoos I've tried, this shampoo has a pleasant citrus smell that just screams "CLEAN!"

Better for Our Ecosystem
The Pure Clean shampoo line is 94% biodegradable.  Conditioners are 92% biodegradable.  The bottles are made with 50% post-consumer recycled plastic.  Oddly, the sample bottle I have doesn't have a recycling logo on it, but the full-sized conditioner bottle I bought does.

Better for Your Hair
It contains no silicone, paraben, or dyes.  This allows it to be a more "weightless" formula.  It does still contain ammonium lauryl sulfate, so it's not sulfate-free, which would be ideal.

In Summary
I really like this shampoo.  It literally made my hair "squeaky clean".   I have noticed it's a little bit more expensive (about 50 cents a bottle or less), but I like it enough to pay a little more for it, especially since I know it's better for my hair.


Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Shampoo
cost:  approx $5 for 13 oz. bottle
available at:  most mass merchandisers, drug stores, etc.

1 comment: