Friday, April 1, 2011

Beauty Tip: Waterproof Makeup (without buying new makeup)

In the summer, sometimes I go places where I know my photo will be taken and I really don't want any photos of me without at least a little makeup.  Since I (partially) draw on my eyebrows, they're the first victims of waterpark fun.  Instead of buying a whole set of waterproof makeup for your summer needs, try these products:

Benefit Cosmetics She-Laq
This is a bottle of multi-use waterproofer.  It comes with a little set of brushes you can use for anything.  There's a brush for mascara, lipliner, eyeshadow, etc.  VERY handy, and it works great.  I used it to seal my eyeshadow and brows for a day at the beach.  Even abusive ocean water didn't mess up my "look".
Cost: $30  (It's a pretty big bottle, considering you don't have to use much of it at once)
Available at:  Ulta, Sephora, amazon.com

Pop Beauty Liner Creator "Golden Sparkle Sauce"
This product isn't as easy to use as the She-Laq, but it's great if you use mineral (loose powder) eyeshadow.  You can mix a drop of it with the eyeshadow and it becomes waterproof.   I haven't tried using it for anything else, but I guess you could use it as a brush-on waterproofer, too. It's advertised as a way to create eyeliners out of your favorite eyeshadow.  As the name implies, it has a sparkly property that might make it less-than-ideal for multiple uses.
Cost: $10
Available at:  amazon.com, Ulta stores (not online)

No comments:

Post a Comment