Saturday, January 22, 2011

Beauty Tip: Save Time with Paper Towels

If you have really thick hair like I do, you can run out of patience pretty quickly if you're blow-drying it.  (Besides, studies have linked female hearing loss to hair dryers!)  Cut down on the amount of time it takes to dry it by first towel-drying, then using paper towels (cheap ones are fine) to press out the excess water. 

If you're super eco-friendly (or cheap) and this idea goes against your way of thinking, you could technically let the paper towels air dry and use them again.  Or you could do what I do - tell yourself you religiously recycle everything you can AND you're using less electricity to dry your hair, so it all evens out.

4 comments:

  1. For naturally curly hair, hair dryers can really dry it out, making the curls frizzy and out of control. I towel dry mine, just a little, dabbing the extra water out, style and let dry naturally :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. My hair is naturally wavy and I have that frizz problem too. It's only been the past year or so that I stopped straightening it into submission. I usually let it air dry, unless it's cold outside and I have to go somewhere early in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly recommend Norwex brand towels and face clothes. You do have to buy through a consultant, but they have three products I swear by. Bridgett, you should check them out. The hair towel soaks up most of the moisture in your hair by the time you've dried off your body and applied lotion. The face clothes take off make-up without using a cleanser. And for house cleaning there is a 2 piece cloth set that will eliminate virtually all cleaning products from your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. I'd like to get rid of some of the household cleansers I use. (Keep thinking about going "green", but don't know what works) There seems to be something in most of them that I'm allergic to, so I sneeze the whole time I'm cleaning!

    ReplyDelete